Description


A diary of my birding activity covering highlights and photos from my birding adventures. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I might mention the odd thing that isn't avian, but for moth and other insect news check out my mothing diary.

Sunday 8 February 2015

Patch Peregrine

Spent some time on the patch this afternoon.  First stop produced the likes of Siskin and a count of 269 Mallard but I enjoyed watching some common species in the sunshine.


Long-tailed Tit, Bittering, 8th February


A working gravel pit nearby produced this fine Peregrine, a new bird for this particular site.


Peregrine, Bittering, 8th February


Lots of duck on Creaking Gate Lake but nothing unusual among them.  Very little at Rawhall Gravel Pits but a quick stop at another nearby gravel pit produced 90 Golden Plovers flying over (and this Yellowhammer).


Yellowhammer, Beetley, 8th February

No comments:

Post a Comment