Description


A diary of my birding activity covering highlights and photos from my birding adventures. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I might mention the odd thing that isn't avian, but for moth and other insect news check out my mothing diary.

Thursday 26 February 2015

Grey Wagtails, Red Kites and patch Pintail

Monday lunch time was enlivened by the Grey Wagtail again at Ingoldisthorpe.  A second Grey Wagtail appeared twice, both times very briefly and both times flying off with the bird I had been watching, and singing as it did so.  Here's the first one, which may be the same bird I photographed here a fortnight ago.




Grey Wagtail, Ingoldisthorpe, 23rd February


Yesterday morning I found it difficult to concentrate in a work meeting as I could see a Red Kite flying around outside the window.  At lunch I nipped up to Burnham Norton from where another Red Kite was one of several species of raptor on show.

This morning I went to the patch before work, scoring a female Pintail at Hell Pit.  Good numbers of Wigeon (220+) and Lapwing (300+) but nothing exciting among them.  The white Pheasant was still along Rawhall Lane.  Slightly better photos than before, but still plenty of room for improvement...




white Pheasant, Beetley, 26th February


At home (I was working from home today) another Grey Wagtail flew past the study window.

No comments:

Post a Comment