Description


A diary of my birding activity covering highlights and photos from my birding adventures. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I might mention the odd thing that isn't avian, but for moth and other insect news check out my mothing diary.

Saturday 17 January 2015

House-tick and lunchtime snaps

I worked from home on Thursday so had the occasional opportunity to glance out of the study window.  A Cormorant flying over wasn't very exciting, but it was my first for the house.  That's 63 species since 9th August.

Yesterday I was back in the office and at lunch time my usual search for geese produced numerous empty fields with geese flying in the distance having just been disturbed by twitchers/farmers/whatever.  Eventually I gave up and stopped at Brancaster Staithe where I took a few snaps.



Dunlins, Brancaster Staithe, 16th January

Notice the orange inner scapulars on the Dunlin above - retained juvenile feathers or new breeding plumage feathers coming through?



Herring Gull, Brancaster Staithe, 16th January

No comments:

Post a Comment