Description


A diary of my birding activity covering highlights and photos from my birding adventures. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I might mention the odd thing that isn't avian, but for moth and other insect news check out my mothing diary.

Friday 1 May 2015

Peregrine

Nothing to report on the birding front since last weekend, though I did forget to mention that I popped in to Snettisham on the way back from Burnham Overy last Saturday.  I was hoping to see the Little Bunting but it hadn't been seen for an hour and the numbers of people present made it seem fairly unlikely that I was going to see it, or at least get good views of it.  Two Grasshopper Warblers could be heard reeling in the area and I saw my first Swifts of the year flying over, but I didn't give it long before giving up and heading home.

In today's lunch break I went up to Choseley to see if the Dotterels were still showing.  They weren't, but this young Peregrine was munching on a pigeon or something (don't think it was a Dotterel!) at the back of the concrete pad.

Peregrine, Choseley, 1st May


Also my first fledged young Dunnock in the garden when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment