Description


A diary of my birding activity covering highlights and photos from my birding adventures. Mainly Norfolk (UK), occasionally beyond. I might mention the odd thing that isn't avian, but for moth and other insect news check out my mothing diary.

Sunday 12 April 2015

Patch 'hatch

A visit to the patch yesterday didn't deliver much.  Pairs of Avocets and Little Ringed Plovers remain, and 3 Snipe were new - lots on the patch in the previous couple of springs but these are the first I've seen on the patch this year.

Spring migrants including 2 singing Willow Warblers and a singing Blackcap but the rarest bird for the patch nearly got away.  A single note sounded like the start of a Nuthatch call, but nothing carried on - was it, or if not what was it?  I looked around and sure enough there was a Nuthatch, the first I've seen on the patch (though I have heard one here before).

Willow Warbler, Bittering, 12th April

No comments:

Post a Comment